Meet Dr. Nordberg, Your Tacoma Orthodontist
Dr. Nordberg loves his patients and helping them develop the smiles they always wanted.
A native to the Pacific Northwest, Dr. Nordberg grew up in the Puyallup/South Hill area.
Education & Experience
After graduating from Rogers High School, he earned a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering from the University of Washington.
He then headed down the coast to complete his Doctorate of Dental Surgery at the University of Southern California.
His next stop was in Brooklyn, NY, where he worked as a dentist in a hospital and performed craniofacial genetics research before completing his residency in San Francisco, CA.
Dr. Nordberg also holds a Masters of Science in Dentistry Orthodontics and an Orthodontic Residency Certificate.
Outside the Office
When he’s not helping others reach their smile-design dreams, he can be found spending time with his family, cheering on local sports teams, and enjoying the outdoors surfing, snowboarding, and hiking!
Why an Orthodontist?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Nordberg continued her formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Nordberg has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Tacoma Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
- Seeing a specialist like your Irving orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office’s primary area of care.
- Knowing that you’ll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
You may think it’s easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn’t be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Irving orthodontist’s offices every six to eight weeks.
And don’t let price be a problem either! Nordberg Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Irving area.